Software Engineer - Backend
- Full Time
- Mid Level
Gridwise’s mission is to help improve the way people and goods move in cities, particularly within the gig economy. Our mobile application provides gig drivers with the tools and decision-making power that they need to earn more and sustain their independent way of life. We’ve empowered over 250,000 ridehail and delivery drivers nationwide through our platform and marketplace of driver services.
We also recently launched our first-of-its-kind gig analytics platform, Gridwise Analytics, which leverages our billions of mobility data points to help cities and enterprises solve important infrastructure and business challenges.
Gridwise is growing its backend team, and is looking for a talented and motivated backend Software Engineer to join us for the ride (all positions are remote). Some details about the role and ideal candidate:
- Contribute to the design, development, and operations of our core backend systems and services that power the Gridwise mobile application and analytics platform
- Collaborate with our mobile team to develop new application features and APIs that enable Gridwise users to be more profitable on the road
- Work with our analytics team to build warehouses and data processing pipelines in support of our driver insights features and gig analytics platform
- Deploy and support scalable cloud infrastructure for our platform services
- Collaborate with engineering, product and business folks to support product development and technical roadmap planning
- Support machine learning initiatives with data processing and model training infrastructure
- Experience developing and maintaining scalable, cloud-native applications and services at production scale
- Experience deploying & managing infrastructure in a cloud environment (GCP, AWS, etc.)
- Proficiency in developing microservices in Go and/or Python
- Strong SQL skills and working with relational and SQL-like databases (e.g. Postgres, MySQL, etc).
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, Docker, and developing containerized applications
- Passionate about startups and the mobility/gig industry
Exceptional Candidates may have:
- Worked with service-oriented and event-driven architectures at scale
- Familiarity with big data infrastructure / pipeline development
- Implemented and supported ML-based product features
- Prior startup experience
Gridwise is based in Pittsburgh, PA, but this is a remote employment opportunity.
Why work at Gridwise?
- Build a platform that empowers an entire workforce
- Directly impact our company and enjoy a close-knit team culture
- Modern tech stack, ability to learn new technical skills on the job
- Competitive salary & stock options
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401(k) plan offerings
- Flexible hours and remote work
- Untracked vacation (two weeks minimum)
- Rideshare credits
- Company-sponsored conferences
If you’re interested in empowering gig drivers and feel you’re a good fit for the role, please apply and let us know why!