Gridwise is one of the fastest growing startups in Pittsburgh. We’ve developed a mobile platform that empowers tens of thousands of rideshare drivers across 32 cities and counting, while also improving the way people move about in cities. We pride ourselves on building a fun, diverse, innovative, transparent, and flexible workplace, with a focus on creating an environment for personal career growth and learning.
To support our rapid growth, we are looking for a Mobile Software Engineer who enjoys having autonomy, seeing their work directly impact the lives of others, and is as ambitious as we are in capturing a multi-billion dollar opportunity in the mobility industry.
- Help develop and maintain our flagship React Native application for the iOS and Android platforms
- Make sound software design decisions in the app based on best practices and design patterns
- Take on side R&D projects to develop new technology core to our product and business
- Help define internal development practices and standards as we scale the organization
- Be exposed to all facets of the business and have a major impact on our success and culture
- Extensive experience developing web or mobile applications in React/Redux and proficient in JS (ES6)
- Solid grasp of native iOS and Android application lifecycles, fundamentals, build systems, etc.
- Well-versed in modern engineering practices and philosophies- version control (git), agile, test-driven development, build automation, etc.
- Experience working on production applications with lots of users
- Passionate about entrepreneurship and the mobility industry
Exceptional Candidates may also have:
- Experience in either Android and iOS native app development
- Comfort bridging between hybrid and native frameworks and programming languages
- Prior experience building out and supporting an in-house mobile products at scale
- Prior startup experience
This full-time position is located in Pittsburgh, PA. Remote work is not an option at this time.
Why work at Gridwise?
- Build a platform that empowers an entire workforce
- Improve how people move in cities
- Directly impact the future of our company and the mobility industry
- Competitive salary & stock options
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible hours and remote work
- Unlimited vacation (two weeks minimum)
- Maternity break rooms
- Rideshare credits & free parking
- Choice between Apple or Windows equipment
- Company-sponsored employee talks & conferences
- Happy hours and company outings
- Great location in the Strip District!
If you’re interested in empowering rideshare drivers and feel that you’d be a great fit for our team, apply today and tell us why!