Gridwise is one of the fastest growing startups in Pittsburgh. We’ve developed a mobile platform that empowers over 70k rideshare drivers across 32 cities and counting, while also improving the way people move about in cities. We pride ourselves on building a fun, diverse, innovative, transparent, and flexible workplace, with a focus on creating an environment for personal career growth and learning.
To support our rapid growth, we are looking for a Software Engineer who enjoys having autonomy, seeing their work directly impact the lives of others, and is as ambitious as we are in capturing a multi-billion dollar opportunity in the mobility industry.
As a core member of the Engineering team at Gridwise, you will:
- Develop, deploy, and grow backend software features, services, & infrastructure for our core platform
- Implement scalable and automated infrastructure for our applications and data services
- Collaborate with our Data team to support data science, machine learning, and analytics efforts
- Develop and support public API services for new business initiatives
- Shape and implement engineering processes and developer best practices within the company
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of engineers, data scientists, designers, marketers, and business folks to support company roadmaps
- Experience developing and deploying scalable, cloud-hosted applications
- Proficient working with a variety of web frameworks and programming languages
- Prior experience with a variety of database technologies (SQL, NoSQL, etc)
- Comfortable deploying and managing cloud infrastructure
- Familiarity with automation and testing best practices
- Passionate about startups and the mobility industry
- Works effectively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
Exceptional Candidates may have prior experience:
- Building and supporting geospatial data systems and/or other big data infrastructure
- Designing and developing stream processing applications and services
- Scaling engineering systems and practices within a growing startup
- Supporting production-quality machine learning product features
This position is full-time and is located in Pittsburgh, PA, USA. Remote employment is not an option at this time.
Why work at Gridwise?
- Build a platform that empowers an entire workforce
- Improve how people move in cities
- Directly impact the future of our company and the mobility industry
- Competitive salary & stock options
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible hours and remote work
- Unlimited vacation (two weeks minimum)
- Maternity break rooms
- Rideshare credits & free parking
- Choice between Apple or Windows equipment
- Company-sponsored employee talks & conference attendance
- Happy hours and company outings
- Great location in the Strip District!
If you’re interested in empowering rideshare drivers and feel that you’d be a great fit for our team, apply today and tell us why!