Gridwise’s mission is to help improve the way people and goods move in cities, particularly within the gig economy. Our mobile application provides gig drivers with the tools and decision-making power that they need to earn more and sustain their independent way of life.
We’ve empowered over 250,000 ridehail and delivery drivers nationwide through our mobile application and marketplace of services. The Gridwise driver app helps drivers keep track of their earnings and performance across all their gigs, while also staying on top of new earning opportunities in their city. Gridwise app insights are powered by billions of mobility data points accumulated through our platform, providing drivers with access to the most comprehensive gig data and insights in the industry.
Gridwise is expanding its mobile development team, and is looking for a talented and motivated (React Native) Software Engineer to join us for the ride. Some more about the role:
- Develop new features and functionality for our React Native mobile application on iOS & Android platforms
- Ensure a high quality user experience across all production features
- Maintain and update the existing codebase to incorporate the latest RN best practices and libraries
- Support our customer success team in resolving users' technical issues and bug reports
- Participate in technical planning & work estimation to inform our dev schedule
- Help improve our product development processes as we continue to grow
- Extensive experience developing applications in React Native/Redux and highly proficient in JS (ES6)
- Solid grasp of native iOS and Android application fundamentals and build tools
- Well-versed in developer practices- version control (git), PR-driven workflows, build automation and distribution, etc.
- Experience working on production applications with lots of users
- Passionate about startups and the mobility/gig industry
Exceptional Candidates may have:
- Significant prior experience in either Android and iOS native app development
- Comfort bridging between hybrid and native frameworks and programming languages
- Prior experience building out and supporting an in-house mobile product at scale
- Prior startup experience
Gridwise is based in Pittsburgh, PA, but we are open to remote employment for this position.
Why work at Gridwise?
- Build a platform that empowers an entire workforce
- Improve how people and goods move in cities
- Directly impact our company and enjoy a close-knit team culture
- Competitive salary & stock options
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401(k) plan offerings
- Flexible hours and remote work
- Untracked vacation (two weeks minimum)
- Rideshare credits
- Coffee subscriptions/remote perks
- Company-sponsored conferences
If you’re interested in empowering rideshare drivers and feel you’re a good fit for the role, please apply and let us know why!