Gridwise, a mobility solutions startup headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Software Engineer.
Gridwise (Techstars Mobility '17) is a mobility startup that is creating solutions to improve the efficiency of on-demand rideshare fleets. As mobility is rapidly changing, Gridwise is aiming to improve the ecosystem through its data-driven solutions created to help human & autonomous rideshare drivers best know when and where to drive. We are seeking motivated individuals to help us capture this massive opportunity as a leading provider of on-demand mobility solutions. We encourage you to join us for the ride if you value the opportunity to make a huge impact on the mobility ecosystem of the future!
As an early member of the Engineering team at Gridwise, you will have an opportunity to contribute significantly to our success by helping us shape our system architecture & infrastructure, building new platform features and services, and honing our engineering practices as we continue to scale.
As a Software Engineer at Gridwise, you will:
- Develop, deploy, and grow backend software features, services, and infrastructure for our core platform
- Implement and maintain web services for both internal and external API consumption
- Implement highly scalable, automated infrastructure for our applications and data services
- Collaborate with our Data team to support data science and analytics efforts
- Help shape and implement engineering processes and workflows as our team scales
- Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- 3+ years relevant professional experience.
- Experience working with a variety of database architectures/designs (SQL, NoSQL, spatial, graph, etc)
- Proficiency in deploying and managing cloud infrastructure on services such as AWS, GCP, etc.
- Familiarity with automation practices and deploying containerized infrastructure
- Ability to translate business and product requirements into appropriate engineering decisions
- Passionate about entrepreneurship and the mobility industry
Exceptional Candidates will have one or more of:
- Advanced degree in a Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- Experience building and supporting large-scale geospatial data systems
- Experience supporting real-time streaming data services
- Previously designed and implemented data pipelines or ETL-like processes
- Prior experience scaling engineering systems and practices through a startup growth stage
This position is full-time and is located in Pittsburgh, PA. Remote work is not an option at this time.
Compensation & Benefits include:
- Competitive salary & stock options
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Unlimited vacation days
- Maternity/paternity leave
- Relocation if applicable
If you’re interested in this opportunity and feel that you’d be a great fit for our team, please apply and tell us why.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!